August 24, 2008

"why do we tend to call it 'RL' information?"

[14:31] Heidi Ballinger: But why do we tend to call it "RL" information? SL is as real for me as anything else is :)
[14:31] Tom Bukowski: yes heidi, I *never* say "real life" or "rl" in my writings, just doing it here for speed
[14:31] Tom Bukowski: I'll say "aw" for actual world
[14:31] Tom Bukowski: how about that, that's what I do in the book
[14:32] Tom Bukowski: because if you say vw/rw
[14:32] Tom Bukowski: you asume a real world that is computer free
[14:32] Tom Bukowski: and that virtuality hasn't always been part of the human expeirnece
[14:32] Heidi Ballinger: Tom, I will use "AW" in the future - and say its word establish by Tom B (can never say your last name right) hee!
[14:32] Caliburn Susanto: Physical World and Synthetic World always seem clear to most
[14:33] Roy Smashcan: We're all used to talking about SL and RL - it's easier to do that and let the philosophical implications lie.

No comments: