August 24, 2008

"do you find any broad similarities in the personality types in SL?"

[14:41] Leeorie Alter: I'm wondering if you find any broad similarities in the personality types that thrive in SL?
[14:46] Tom Bukowski: I don't think so - I think there are so many kinds of personalities in Second Life
[14:46] Tom Bukowski: I do *not* agree with the idea that people in Second Life "don't have a real life"
[14:46] Tom Bukowski: come on
[14:46] Tom Bukowski: when I interview people, what I find over and over is that Second Life just replaces television, etc. but is much more interactive
[14:46] Tom Bukowski: and there are families that spend time in Second Life together, and people who make new families in Second Life as well
[14:46] Tom Bukowski: there are cases of course where Second Life creates problems for people
[14:46] Tom Bukowski: a relationship gets too intense
[14:47] Tom Bukowski: or time in Second Life starts getting in the way of actual-world activities
[14:47] Forelle Broek: but that's true of anything
[14:47] Forelle Broek: or can be
[14:47] Tom Bukowski: but I don't think that reflects a particular personality type
[14:47] Tom Bukowski: and yes forelle, you can get that from golfing lol
[14:47] Tom Bukowski: or whatever, it's not specific to virtual worlds.

No comments: